Cold Storage flexibility for the future.
- 61,000 square feet
- Under Construction
- Bronx, NY
- Future focused infrastructure with cold storage in mind
- Green roof system
- Brownfield site
Determined to provide fresher food to local communities more efficiently, GrowNYC in partnership with NYS Economic Development Corporation, has selected Aurora as the General Contractor for a future cold storage facility to be built in the Hunt’s Point area of the Bronx.
- Building design allows future tenants to customize and fit their business needs flexibly into the space
- This brown field site requires Aurora to constantly monitor any soil disturbance, as well as tracking the sub surface materials closely
- The building envelope is made up of precast sandwich panels, living wall systems, curtainwalls and storefront systems, metal panel systems, stainless steel planter boxes and canopies
- The building has a 10-foot-wide radiant heat zone around the freezer
- The green roof system is a four inch vegetated tray system on a four inch water collection tray system on loose laid 40 mil protection membrane on TPO .060 roof membrane
- On the roof, there is a 30,000 gallon sprinkler storage tank, as well as a 12,500 gallon water reclamation system on the first floor