A perfect example of value engineering success.
- 85,000 square feet
- New Construction
- Holtsville, NY
- Creative Phasing to mitigate design issues
- 16 Stadium type theaters
Aurora Contractors was the General Contractor for the Cinema 16 Deluxe, a 16-theater multiplex motion picture showcase. This contemporary building was built of structural steel, masonry, synthetic stucco, aluminum, and glass.
- Major design changes throughout construction, some just weeks prior to the grand opening
- Exterior prefabricated into panels which could be erected in the winter without tenting or heating the building to ameliorate impact of design changes
- Creative problem solving by Aurora was utilized to adjust the construction of the building into three separate phases to accommodate the lobby redesign
- Most revenue-producing cinema in the National Amusements inventory of Multiplexes