What goes on in the building is life-changing... Construction doesn’t have to be.
- 75,000 square feet
- New Construction
- Garden City, NY
- Copper rain screen facade
- Construction on active campus
- Life Science Education
Nassau Community College hired Aurora to build their new, state-of-the-art Life Sciences Building on their Campus in Garden City, New York.
This U shaped construction houses science laboratories, classrooms, offices, and lecture halls in it’s three floors and presents some interesting challenges as an active campus.
- The building facade is a **copper rain screen system **on five of the elevations and custom unitized curtain wall system on three of the elevations
- A 1,500 LF trench was excavated for the new process water connections from the Life Science Building to the existing campus physical plant
- Communication and coordination were extremely important during this project, as the construction took place in the middle of a very active campus
- The project team worked together to maintain access to the area for students, faculty and county-run transportation services