Building a parking garage shouldn’t disrupt your business.
- 661,000 square feet
- New Construction / Renovation
- Bronx, Brooklyn, Staten Island and Valley Stream, NY
- Safety First
- High traffic, no problem
- Basic utility and high end garages.
- Knowledge and relationships equal success
Aurora Contractors has experience building parking garages as independent structures, part of a mall, on a rooftop at a retail location, in highly congested areas and as part of a larger complex. While the basic use is the same, site conditions vary from below ground to rooftops and applied experience can make a big difference in getting the job done right.
As the Construction Manager for the Kings Highway parking garages and a massive garage in Valley Stream as examples, you can see we have the know-how to face whatever challenges your project might have.
KINGS HIGHWAY PARKING GARAGE, BROOKLYN, NY
- Three level above-grade precast parking garage with 300 spaces, automated ticketing and a partially enclosed roof structure
- Two entrances in a heavily congested area
- Aurora managed communications with various agencies to expedite key permits and closures
- Intricate shoring plans and sheet pilings
- Construction posed no negative effect on the neighboring buildings that remained open
- Completed on schedule
GREEN ACRES MALL PARKING GARAGE, VALLEY STREAM, NY.
- 4-level above-grade parking garage adjoining an existing active mall
- Less than 10 feet away from a fire lane and underground delivery tunnel required careful consideration
- Stringent safety plans and safeguards kept the site secure and posed no threat to shoppers
- Weekly meetings with mall security, management, Fire Marshall, and the Town of Hempstead Building Department
- Completed on Schedule