Coordination is just as important as construction, especially if it snows.
- 300,000 square feet
- New Construction
- Riverhead, NY
- Construction and coordination
- Over 12 national retail tenants
With four pad sites, two large builds, extensive coordination and budgeting considerations, Aurora was excited to fulfill the Construction Management work as the owner’s agent for The Riverhead Centre and related companies. Coordinating and constructing the core and shell of the build was only one aspect of this project that also included:
- Tenant coordination
- Tenant improvements
- 56-acre site improvements
- Public roadwork on Route 58
- New traffic patterns and controls
- Preparing budgets prior to the completion of a full set of construction drawings
- Coordination of over twelve national retail tenant’s owner-supplied items This long list of responsibilities was compounded by an extremely difficult winter. Despite these challenges, Aurora completed ahead of schedule, below budget and all tenants opened on time.