A Flagship Educational Facility.
- 420,000 square feet
- New Construction
- Farmingville, NY
- Applied experience saves money
- Alleviated erosion concerns
- Value engineering
Aurora Contractors was the General Construction prime contractor for Sachem East High School, the largest high school on Long Island. The project consisted of the construction of a new 420,000 SF facility on a site of approximately 75 acres.
- Aurora’s value engineering efforts for the exterior façade resulted in a $1,000,000 savings
- Located at one of the highest points on Long Island, which can be prone to weather, Aurora worked with the design team to alleviate erosion issues.
- Masonry cavity walls, structural metal framing, brick veneer and a three-story curtain wall system
- Olympic size pool, two gymnasiums and a cafeteria