It’s more than a mall, it’s another way for a community to come together.
- 805,000 sf
- New Construction
- Staten Island, NY
- Outdoor plaza
- Existing mall remained open during construction
- Parking garage, movie theater, food court, and retail expansion.
Aurora Contractors worked in partnership with GGP/Brookfield Properties on this mall expansion project as the Construction Manager.
This iconic Staten Island destination wanted an outdoor plaza to serve as a focal point and revitalize the way communities come together. With an aggressive 24 month construction window, Aurora strategized a multi-phase approach to ensure that businesses were disrupted as little as possible and the build was delivered on time.
The construction included:
- A 1,000 stall, three level precast parking garage
- 300,000 SF expansion of the existing mall
- Construction of the outdoor plaza
- Creation of the home of the Staten Island Mall Food District, which houses entertainment anchors Dave and Busters, as well as AMC Theaters and numerous other retailers